Friday, December 12, 2008

Rockwell's Studio in Vermont

I received an incredible offer last week, which I have just confirmed and nailed down some details for. The owners of The Inn on Covered Bridge Green in Arlington, Vermont have invited me to conduct some classes there. Now a Bed & Breakfast, it is the former home and painting studio of Norman Rockwell. The studio is still intact and "as it was" when Norman created most of his famous Saturday Evening Post covers. We will be holding the classes in that same studio.
Too cool!! It's in early April '09, check my website for the details. Also, check out www.coveredbridgegreen.com It is BEAUTIFUL!!!
The owner, Clint Dickens, said he came across my website during a random search for Art Instructors, hence the offer. The Internet is such a powerful tool,...........I have received many opportunities through my site that I never would have gotten, otherwise.
I have also booked a 3-day seminar at the Landgrove Inn in Landgrove, VT. That not 'til Sept., so I'll have more info forthcoming with that in the near future.

Couple of big classes this week-end. Oils on Saturday and Watercolors on Sunday. Hopefully, the snow is done for now.
I've pretty much finished up the last author review on the book and have to have it turned in by mid-December, so that's behind me now. It's hard to believe that I've been working on that for a year and a half.
Our grandson, Alex ( 2-1/2 years ) loves his coloring books and is getting much better at "staying in the lines". Maybe, we'll have another artist in the family.

No comments: