Thursday, April 22, 2010

Adirondack Chair Donation

The local library recently asked me ( as well as other area artists, too ) to "decorate" some Adirondack chairs which they will raffle for their cause. The chairs were bare pine wood and we were given free reign as to how we chose to embellish them.
I looked at this one for a few weeks before deciding on the loon theme. I had some landscape ideas in mind, too, but eventually the loon won out.
I started with a coat of the blue-green base, which I had mixed at the hardware store, then used oils over that. I also added alkyd medium to the oils to speed the drying, so that I can seal the whole thing and not have to wait the recommended 6 months.
I hope their auction is a success!