Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Workshops at Norman Rockwell's Studio






















Last week-end ( April 3rd - 5th ) Glenda and I were in Arlington, Vermont at the Inn on Covered Bridge Green, which is the former home of Norman Rockwell. A few months back, I had received an offer from the current owner to hold some classes there. The house is now a great Bed & Breakfast and Norman's old studio is still standing and in fine shape. It was an absolute honor to be wielding my brushes in the same confines as someone of his fame and renown. It was rather exciting to realize that we were working in the spot where he created many of his most famous works, including his Saturday Evening Post magazine covers. Everyone had a fantastic time. Check it out at http://www.coveredbridgegreen.com/

We even had the opportunity to meet and chat with some long-time Arlington residents, who as children, actually posed for some of his paintings. That was incredible!!

I have been asked to return in the future for another round of workshops, so we'll just need to set dates and make preparations.

On a different note, my book was indeed on schedule and was released on April 9th. I have had many inquiries regarding where to purchase it, so I am including the link to amazon.com once again. http://www.amazon.com/Wildlife-Landscapes-You-Can-Paint/dp/1600611206/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226536411&sr=1-1
It will also be available at major bookstore retailers ( Borders Books, Barnes & Noble, etc. ) as well as my website.

Also, I just filmed more painting video clips for YouTube this past week, so they should be all edited and posted within the next week, or so. www.youtube.com/wilsonbickford

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's my kind of house!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Oh yeah, I got your book in the mail today... It is beautifully done. You did a wonderful job! (:

Wilson said...

Yes, the Rockwell trip was a great experience.
Thanks for your purchase and kind comments of my book. It seems good to see it "in hand" and finally finished!

Matthew Gauvin said...

You were in my backyard! I live in Vermont and hope to maybe come out to your next set of classes when you're back.

Wilson said...

Well Matthew, you may get your chance. I'll be at the Landgrove Inn in Landgrove, VT Sept. 29th - Oct. 1st. You'll find details on the "Workshops" page of my website.
Your home state definitely has it's own beauty. I loved the mountains.

Clint said...

I just wanted ot tell you thanks again Wilson and students!
I know Norman would have been proud to have art students in his studio again!
As well as having one your paintings hanging in the studio!