Thursday, December 3, 2009

Vase of Roses

Every once in a while, I get the urge to paint a floral. Roses, Irises, Daisies, whatever,........ it's all good! I love painting still life anyway, so florals tie into that.
This was painted "wet -into- wet" ( on a black Acrylic-primed canvas ) with some glazing and touch-ups when it was dry.
Please excuse the rather dark, grainy image. I took the photo outdoors, but it was getting late in the afternoon and it was very overcast, as well, so this was the result. Maybe, I'll try another snap and re-post a better photo in a few days.

2 comments:

Unocchio Vecchiaccio said...

Love your roses, Willy
How'a the winter going?
I'm stuck in Phoenix for a week or so :-)

Wilson said...

"Stuck" in Phoenix?? You make that sound like a bad thing!! lol
Actually, we are WAY behind schedule for snowfall. It has spit a few flakes here and there, but we still have bare ground!!! Very rare for this late in the year. I'm sure it won't last much longer, but at least the late start will make the Winter seem shorter. Yippee!!