Friday, August 21, 2009

New Works




Here are a few pieces I've been working on lately in preparation for our Open House in October.
All are in Oils, some with an Acrylic underpainting, some not.
I've had a busy week with classes each day at the Thousand Islands Art Center in Clayton, NY.
It was a great time and I had the privilege to work with a great bunch of folks. Painting truly puts us all on one level and diminishes any social barriers. I meet people from all walks of life in my classes and I am fortunate for that.
I had a call the other day from the local chapter of the Muscular Dystrophy Assoc. in regards to my appearance on the local Labor Day Telethon again this year. ( I have gone "on-air" every year for the past decade or so at the local TV station, to create a couple of paintings which are raffled to raise money for the cause. ) When I get that call each year, I know that Summer is winding down and Fall will be here all too soon. It's hard to believe we're zeroing in on September already! But, the crisp air and rich colors of Autumn are always welcome, too. It's just hard to let Summer slip by.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely glorious!

Wilson said...

Thanks, Accessory Lady!

Anonymous said...

Lovely as always, Wilson! Looking at your paintings are always a treat. I love the way you paint your water. It is so calming. (:

Unocchio Vecchiaccio said...

Fabulous Willy. I always love your work. The MS folks are lucky to have you on board. Keep on keeping on.

Wilson said...

Thanks, Chrisy and Maurice. I always enjoy and welcome your feedback.