Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Latest ( in Acrylic )


This is a piece I started yesterday and just finished up this afternoon before I head out to my Watercolor class. It's in Acrylic and it's on a 22" x 28" stretched "gallery wrap" canvas which is 1-1/2" thick. So, the edges are painted and the branches and grass wrap around the perimeter. I used a sea-wool sponge for the leaf textures in the background, alternating between light and dark values.

It's actually a little wider than shown here as I lost a good portion of it by "cropping" because my photo angle wasn't "square". Therefore, the foreground tree on the far left got "trimmed" considerably and nosed out of the photo. lol Oh well, you get the idea.

It seemed good to work on such a larger scale than I'm used to, just for a change of pace.

Now, I'll go back and tweak those barns I've been waiting to finish. ( from my last post )

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo I like it! I have an 18"x36" canvas that I bought a while back. I plan on doing an abstract version of something like this with various shades of greens/yellows. I want to give the impression of someone standing in the forest while the sun is trying to break through from the other side. I haven't figured out how to make it happen yet so I am not touching the canvas till I "have it" :)

Wilson said...

Make sure you post that ( or forward it to me ) when you "get it". I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Unocchio Vecchiaccio said...

Great picture, Willie. .... always did like the sun thru the trees concept ... it invites us to take a walk in the woods ... I see you are starting to crank out more paintings.Nice

Wilson said...

Yeah, I go in spurts when I can squeeze in the time, which isn't too easy these days. I've been trying not to schedule quite as many classes during the Summer just to give myself a little break.
That gives ME more time to paint!

Anonymous said...

I'll forward it to you when I finish it before I post it. :)

Wilson said...

Wow, I get first peek? I'm honored. And I'll be watching for it!

Sreejith_Gireesan said...

This is ultimate!